Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow. They went and Dunn it

2 years 20 million. Not bad. Not bad at all.

(how many interleague games in AL parks do we play over the next two years?)

No compensation (as was pointed out to me) -- still have that top of the 2nd round pick.

And in 2010, he'll cost a contender just $3.3 mil to rent for August and September.

Really, when you boil it all down, this means at least we'll have some exciting at-bats on MASN for the good guys. I'll admit it right now, I am looking forward to seeing Dunn hit for the Nats. I want to see how far he can drive a ball at Nats Park. I may stay tuned an extra inning or two to see if he can cut our 8-4 deficit in half with one swing.

I am not looking forward to all the extra bases and bloop singles that are in our future. Perhaps 1B is his final resting place. If so, I wouldn't start clearing space in your trophy room for a Gold Glove just yet Mr. Zimmerman.

If Dunn does nothing else, at least he has taken a small step toward breaking the "no one will play in Washington" mystique. No one thought Pudge's signing in Detroit was the start of something . . .

Finally, will there be a fist fight over who gets to hit behind Dunn? Zimm might not know what to do if he came up with men on all the time.

And, just for FJB, The Worst GM in baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment