Monday, June 1, 2009

When does it turn campy?

There is that fine line, when a bad movie become good in its badness.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Plan 9 from Outer Space, Top Gun as an action adventure not a comedy etc.

I think this team is nearing that line.  It's almost to the point when I'd be disappointed they won.  It would invalidate, at least for one day, the search for the problems.  Starter gives 7 strong innings . . . well hey maybe the kids are coming along.  No, I don't need that kind of fals hope.

Instead, I'll just float.  The losses aren't really painful anymore they are more like deja vu.   I'm not sure I'd know how to react if the Nats won two in a row.  It would seem like the natural order had been upended. 

What to do when there is nothing to do?  Wait for the other team's to just treat a Nats game like a late spring exhibition . . . get your work in and don't get hurt.  Not really worry about the final score unless you are still in a pennant race. 

My own goal will be to countdown to 43.

That's how many wins you need to keep the '62 Mets on the bottom of the slag heap of immense baseball losers. 

So 13 down and 30 to go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment