Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sheets pounded for 10 runs without getting an out - washingtonpost.com

Sheets pounded for 10 runs without getting an out - washingtonpost.com

Remember all those electrons I killed going on and on about Sheets (and Rich H. for that matter). Well never mind.

Although, in my defense, they are both more advanced than Wang and there are still a few weeks before any of this really matters.

So, with that out of the way, I'd like to take a bow as one of the few to put Garrett Mock in the rotation. You take the good with the bad.

And now for your random pathetic Washington Nationals statistic of the Day courtesy of Joe Posnanski:

Now, by my calculations, Washington lost 24 times in 2009 when the Nationals had more men on base. I cannot tell if this is hopeful sign or a discouraging sign. There are a lot of things I can’t tell about the Nationals. I can also tell you that the Nationals lost a game to Atlanta when they got 23 men on base, a very difficult thing to do. What’s even more amazing … they lost the game 6-5. To score five runs with 23 men on base is a pretty tough trick — teams will, on average, score a run for ever three or four runners they get on.

One note: 23/3=7.6 23/4=5.75 So, if you can expect to score one run for every four runners, the Nats were just a fraction off.

No comments:

Post a Comment