Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blogosphere Here I come

Shout out to Nationals Fanboy looser who is the first ever to mention something I wrote. My semi-serious proposal to sign Elijah Dukes to a long-term contract right now while he needs the money.

Really, its not a bad idea. He'll be cheap this year but if he has a decent season or hopefully a break out season he would get expensive fast. The danger of course is if the dawg really dies.

Personally I couldn't care less about the "moral" character of players. They are there for my amusement between the white lines. But I can understand a team not wanting to have someone who has (a somewhat overblown) reputation as a troublemaker as a keystone player.

And before we start judging Elijah's handling of his finances, let's just take a look at how those who's JOB IT IS TO MANAGE MONEY have been doing the last few months. Compared to Lehman Brothers and BoA, he's in comparativly little trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment